Ok, so we are now in the swing of summer. Here are my tips for you.
- make it part of your habit. Do not leave the house without a water bottle and sip water regularly all day. You will sweat much more than usual and wont even notice it.
- It obvious, but put a hat on as soon as you walk out the door, apart from the obvious sun implications, you will dehydrate from your scalp and you need to keep this as cool as possible.
- Ankles swelling? Raise them at night, eat less salty foods, drink less alcohol and go for a walk in the ocean.
- Eat foods high in water content like watermelon and salads.
- If it is very hot in town, it will be much cooler on the other side of the peninsula. Head out of town and hit the beach.
- Get in the water and cool down. Pack water, pack a hat, pack sunscreen, put on a rashie, set up a sunshade, get into the water. Cool your body temperature down immediately.
- All too hard? The town pool is always there for a quick dip. Or even getting wet at any one of the Gulf beaches will do the trick, the water is much warmer than the beaches on the other side, but you are at least wet!
- Use your airconditioners wisely. They are very efficient and will cool down the house quickly. I beg you not to leave them on all day and go out. It’s a waste of power and money and completely unnecessary. All it will do is raise the tariffs for next time as the owners get their power bills. Please consider this.