Always being asked for the best snorkeling spots for families. Here are some of my favourites.
- Lakeside – from the Milyering Visitor Centre drive past towards the water and veer left. Park at the beach and walk left around the point to get to some of the best ‘from the beach’ snorkeling on the Ningaloo Reef.
- Oyster Stacks – check the tide charts and make sure dont try this one at low tide, there will be nothing to see. But at high tide it is teaming with marine life.
- Sandy Bay – if you have small children and want them to get some practice in first, then this is a perfect choice. A good 45 min drive from Exmouth, on the west side, but worth the drive. Shallow turquoise water, with fish swimming in the lagoon.
- Turquoise Bay – an all time favourite and for stronger swimmers, the Drift is a must. Let the waters carry you over the reef, with little or no effort. Or if you are not that brave, then snorkel from the safety of the beach and see lots of large fish and marine life.
- Bundegi Beach – closer to home, at the tip of the North West Cape, good for practicing your snorkeling. Reef interesting at low tide and lots of marine life.
Remember to check your tide charts!
Should you need to hire snorkel gear, contact Helen mob: 0400933338.